Frequently Asked Questions
CAN I GET THIS ARTWORK TATTOOED?
It’s always incredibly flattering to be asked this question, and whilst the short answer is yes, there are a few rules that I have when it comes to having my work used as a piece to be tattooed:
- Ask: This is a simple request, and this is also primarily because there are certain works that are unavailable to be used as a tattoo. A lot of my work is commissioned and others are deeply personal to me as the creator. It is important that you ask which piece you want tattooed so I can check if it is a client piece or I am comfortable myself to having it tattooed.
- Support: I put a lot of work into everything I create, and whilst it may be considered “free” on the internet, it still costs me time and energy to make the art. I ask that you please buy a tattoo permission pass if using my art to be tattooed. If you are willing to pay a tattoo artist to ink my work onto your skin, you should be happy to pay the original creator who made the design so they may continue to make more content.
>> Tattoo passes are available in the store under “Digital Downloads”.
- Share: I personally love seeing what my art looks like once it’s been inked. So please do share with me and send a photo so I can take a look!
Alternatively, you can hire me for a custom piece that is solely yours!
WHAT ARE EXPERIMENTAL COMMISSIONS?
Experimental commissions are a little different to your standard commissions often seen online. These are, effectively, commissions that give me full artistic freedom. Prices are based on the day and not by busts, half bodies or full bodies. In my opinion, a portrait can take just as long and be just as detailed as a full-bodied illustration. Experimentals include the subject and a basic element (such as a frame) to compose to illustration.
As such, experimental commissions are broken up into days with a four day limitation. The more days you pay for, the more detailed the end piece will be! But to simplify, this is what you can expect for the days and what goes into it:
- One day experimental commissions: These are usually very simple; near flat colours and basic shading with minimal elements (such as a frame) included.
- Two day experimental commissions: These are usually a lot more polished than the one day commissions. The subject is often more refined and detailed (be that with line work or the colour) and the elements included (such as a frame) are more detailed, too.
- Three day experimental commissions: Three day commissions are usually far more refined. The subject is more detailed with shadow and lighting, textures, and a more finished looking piece of art.
- Four day experimental commissions: Four days are the most polished. These will often completely fill the page with elements (flowers, a gorgeously refined frame etc.) and subjects have a lot more time invested into them to pull out every detail.
Please note that these commissions are not completed in the days ordered!
Commissions still take time, and the days are labelled as such to give you an idea of how many hours go into the piece (usually 6-8 hours per day). Paying for a one day experimental does not mean you will receive your commission the next day. For more information on the process of commissions, please visit my Terms of Service.
I AM INTERESTED IN THE PAYMENT PLANS
Payment plans are available for clients who wish to split the cost of their commission into more manageable chunks. I understand that my art is a luxury and can be quite costly, and I would love to help you without breaking your bank!
There are two alternative methods of payment plans:
50/50 PAYMENT PLAN
This payment plan is very simple. I charge 50% of the total cost upfront, and the final 50% is due upon completion of the commission.
THREE-WAY PAYMENT PLAN
Similar to 50/50, this is instead split up into thirds. A third of the total cost is paid upfront. I will then request the second payment after linework has been completed, and the final payment at the end.
FINAL, UNWATERMARKED FILES WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN MADE IN FULL.
You will receive a heavily watermarked, low-res version of your commission until the final invoice has been paid.
I AM LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC COMMISSION NOT LISTED ON YOUR WEBSITE.
If there is something more specific you are looking for that is not listed in the commission section of this website (for example, a non-experimental commission that is more directed by yourself), please get in touch with me by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, we can discuss your needs and I can give you a quote.
This also applies to all commercial work enquiries.
Please ensure that what you are requesting fits my skillset and aesthetic of work.
CAN I PRINT THIS ART FOR MY WALL?
Please do not print any work I have created unless you have commissioned that specific piece yourself. There are a number of prints available on my store and I ask that you purchase from there. This also goes for using my art for anything such as bring printed on a shirt, merchandise or any wearable/printable item.
WHAT BRUSHES DO YOU USE?
There are a good amount of brushes that I use, but the most frequently used brushes are the following:
> Procreate’s standard 6B Pencil brush for lining and detail work.
> Procreate’s standard Studio Pen for block colour and filling.
> Jingsketch’s Soft Brush Texture for blending and air brushing.
CAN YOU HELP ME IMPROVE AND GIVE ADVICE ON MY ART?
Whilst I would love to help those wanting to get into the freelance industry and hone their own skills, I simply do not have the time to accommodate to each and every individual who has asked this. I reserve this kind of time for my friends. I share a lot of insightful advice on Patreon and, alternatively, you can join my public Discord server “Artist Directory”, where there are a lot of artists sharing their work and a handful of industry professionals including myself who may be able to help and offer advice as and when their time permits.
I share my process regularly, along with time lapse videos and sketch-to-final proceses on my Patreon. I also stream every other day my work on a private Patreon-only Discord server, where people can join, watch, chill and draw with me. Please consider subscribing to unlock this content.